Blogging was where we began, and how we built our company so we have preserved this archive to show how our thinking developed over a decade of developing the use of social technology inside organisations

by

This morning at Blogtalk, I presented a brief overview of our case study relating to an 18-month knowledge community development project with the National Institute for Mental Health in England
The web version of my slides is now online here, and the session notes are on a wiki here
The essential message here is about the offline work and engagement required to make a project like this work, and I tried to outline some key aspects of the methodology we employed. I will be trying to complete a more formal case study of this work soon, and we hope to be doing ongoing work on monitoring the system’s usage and usefulness throughout this year. Updates will follow
I should add a note of sincere thanks to our very talented team, whose work I am representing here, plus of course to the many people within NIMHE who have played an equally important role in making the project a success
If anybody would like any more info about this project, please feel free to get in touch or add a comment below
The feedback from the talk has been positive so far, and I hope to pick up conversations with a few people here to get some more specific input into what is an ongoing process. Here are a few mentions of the presentation so far:

10 Responses to Blogtalk Case Study: Informal, joined up knowledge sharing using connected weblogs in pursuit of Mental Health service improvement

1. By Seb's Open Research on July 8, 2004 at 4:12 pm

Headshifted

I am now displaying headers from the amazing Lee Bryant in my home page sidebar.

2. By NIMHE northwest on July 13, 2004 at 11:02 am

Sharing the learning from the knowledge community

Details Lee Bryant’s presentation, Blogtalk Case Study: Informal, joined up knowledge sharing using connected weblogs in pursuit of Mental Health service improvement, given by him at Blogtalk conference in Vienna.

3. By Climb to the Stars (Stephanie Booth) on July 13, 2004 at 2:12 pm

The Lee Bryant Experiment

An account of the “Lee Bryant Experiment”, where I posted his write-up of his talk into SubEthaEdit bit by bit as he was talking. Some ideas about note-taking, talking, presentations, and write-ups.

4. By Mathemagenic on July 13, 2004 at 6:37 pm

Trip report: blogs and wikis implemented

Ideas and presentations about implementations of weblogs and wikis from conferences I visited.

5. By weathervanes on August 4, 2005 at 1:33 am

Also, another issue which I didn’t mention in my post is regarding theoretical groundings of information science(s)/studies. Here as well, there are theories regarding separate research focuses (information retrieval, information seeking, information behaviors, etc…). However, these sound like theoretical frameworks for various sub-disciplines of information studies rather than Information Science (singular). What is that ‘thing’ that ties all the information sciences (plural) together, besides for the fact that they all claim to be dealing with the ‘thing’ called ‘information’ – which is not necessarily defined the same across the various concentrations and research areas within information science/studies.

6. By Andrew Spark on February 13, 2006 at 1:25 pm

That is right that many childrens with mental disorders are identified and receive mental health services, leading to school failure, substance abuse, involvement with the juvenile justice system, and suicide in my country.

7. By Headshift on May 9, 2006 at 4:40 pm

Blogtalk 2: highlights and impressions

OK – enough already – my final word on Blogtalk 2, I promise!

8. By Headshift on May 9, 2006 at 4:50 pm

Symposium on Social Tools for the Enterprise

Quick report back from the STES event in London, July 12, 2004

9. By Headshift on May 9, 2006 at 5:50 pm

Can social tagging overcome barriers to content classification?

social tagging (e.g. del.icio.us) is one of the best answers we have to the cost/benefit problem of user-generated metadata, but we lose some precision in the process

10. By Headshift on May 25, 2006 at 5:37 pm

What form will Enterprise 2.0 take?

Demand is growing for Social Software and Enterprise 2.0 tools, and the value proposition is clearly very strong compared to traditional enterprise systems; but should we be looking for new, more flexible business models and delivery mechanisms to refl…